Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome to Tales From the TL

Hello and Welcome to Tales From the TL!

This blog will be dedicated to the memoirs and diary entries of one Front Desk Supervisor (that's me!) who works at a small hotel in her hometown.

My intention is to entertain and inform the general (cyber) public about the ins and outs of running, managing, and surviving in the hotel industry.

Yes, it is a cutthroat and fast-paced-never-a-dull-moment form of employment. Except of course at this point in time during which I am currently writing/creating a new blog to keep myself busy, while watching "Meat Loaf: To Hell and Back" on Much More Music.

Yes, there are always people walking in and out of the front lobby, and there is always something going on in the hotel. Again, except for right now because well, it's Sunday and everybody who was staying over the weekend, has checked out and those who are not checking out are sleeping... like normal people do!

Alright, so maybe I'm not working in the busiest, most high end, cutthroat, always-on-your-feet (in fact I'm sure that I spend 95% of my time on my rear end), full to the max 5 star hotel (in fact we're only a three and a half star hotel... the half stars count though!).
However, just because it is Sunday and just because we're only a small-ish hotel in a small-ish town doesn't mean that we're totally sleepy. In fact, I could tell you stories!!! Many many stories! Stories about Love, Hate, Despair, Sex, Drugs, and Rock and Roll. I can tell you stories that include Weddings, Sports, Addiction, Mental Illness, the Elderly, Families, Funerals, Children, and even the Hells Angels! In fact, I've got so many stories to tell that I could write a book... or even a blog!!!

Thus, I will write. We'll start with a blog and perhaps move on from there. Did you know that some people have become famous simply by starting a blog? I mean wow! Look at Perez Hilton... he just started writing a blog and then sprung up out of nowhere. The person who started that blog about passive agressive notes now has two books I believe. WOW!

Anywho, to make sure that I am not hurting anybody or violating anybody's privacy and whatnot all of the names in the stories that I write about will be changed (except mine of course...). So don't be suprized if you suddenly notice that there may be a lot of Sherry's or Bob's or Gabrielle's who happen to show up at the TL. (I'll try to be more creative but I can't promise anything).

Please note however, I will not make up any of these stories! Anything and everything in this blog will be true life events (not including the names).

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Thank you for choosing Tales From the TL!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment