Sunday, March 1, 2009

Cute Kids Make Me Love Valentines Day

I'm not a big Valentines Day fan. In fact, I hate Valentines Day. It has become the epitome of Hallmark Holidays! Having said that, sometimes someone does something so wonderful for another person on Valentines Day that really just changes my mind... if only for a second!

This Valentines Day, we had a mother and her two young children staying at the hotel for a few days. I got to know the kids well, and would play with them in the front lobby if I didn't have much work to do. On Valentines Day, one of the kids (she was 5 years old I think) ran up to me with a large envelope and then ran away as if embarrassed. Her mother came into the lobby shortly after and said "I know you don't really like Valentines Day but she saw the card in the store and really wanted to give it to you." Awww... How cute is that!!!Notice the little scribbles on the left hand side of the card... That is her special secret note to me. I'm pretty sure it says that I am the coolest person in the world!

Getting this card from the little girl made my heart go from this...
To this...I'm still not a big fan of Valentines Day, but this little girl did make me swoon for her Valentines Day card!

No comments:

Post a Comment